In the last tips there were ideas for getting your Linkedin profile working hard for you and a little about getting involved in groups. Now lets look at building your reputation on Linkedin. This is intended as a precursor to actively going out and hunting down leads – which is the subject of tip #3
Some general principles.
As before! – just get involved and contribute.
- Think about your target market – be present where they are – talk about what matters to them
- Comment on and start discussions in groups
- Go to the ‘Answers’ section and answer questions relating to your field(s) of expertise – and start questions
- Be thought provoking
- Show your knowledge
- Be polite – it’s easy to come across in a way you didn’t mean to – so read it over and make sure it’s reflects your style.
- Use the search function in ‘groups’
- Look at your other relevant profiles like your connections, or just identified targets (i.e clients/customers/prospects) who are already your target market – which groups are they part of, join them
- Keep an eye on key websites – news, industry specific etc
- Have newsletters sent to you from key sites
- Use RSS feeds from these sites
- If you use twitter – link it to your Linkedin account – so if you retweet or share good stuff on twitter it appears on linkedin.